Monday, May 24, 2010

1-ensure Verb to make sure or certain. A reporter must ensure that what he writes is accurate.

2-locate Verb to identify or discover. The place or location of. You can locate any city on the map

3-partner Noun a person who shares. I started my business with my partner.

4-physical Adj Noting or pertaining to the properties of matter and energy other than those peculiar to living matter. I got into a fight and got hurt physically.

5-remove Verb take away. I removed the exhaust system from my car.

6-rely Verb put trust in. I relied on my brother to bring my laptop to the college.

7-valid Adj producing the desired result. The milk is valid for some days.

8-access Noun the ability, right, or permission to approach, enter, speak with, or use; admittance. If I don’t want anyone to access my laptop I should put a password.

9-approximate Adj near or approaching a certain state, condition, goal, or standard. My teacher approximated my writing to band 5.

10-communicate Verb to give or interchange thoughts, feelings, information, or the like, by writing, speaking, etc. The mobile phone is the best way for the people to communicate with each other.

11-error Noun a deviation from accuracy or correctness; a mistake, as in action or speech. Windows vista is better than windows XP because it solved the error.

12-goal Noun the result or achievement toward which effort is directed; aim; end. My goal in life is to help improve my country.

13-hypothesis Noun a mere assumption or guess. The scientist should test his hypothesis to see if it’s right or wrong.

14-job Noun a post of employment; full-time or part-time position. You have a lot of experience and you will get a job easily.

15-Label Noun a slip of paper. My partner likes to put a label on his file.

16-Option Noun something that may be or is chosen; choice. We have many options in our life.

17-Overall Adj from one extreme limit of a thing to the other Overall the UAE is developing in everything.

18-project Noun Something that is contemplated, devised. I have a project about creating a website.

19-series Noun a group or a number of related or similar things. In the show business the best sales are the comedy series.

20-summary Noun recapitulation. I must put a summary of my report at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment